GLENN MUELLER, PhD
Dr. Mueller has 46 years of real estate industry experience, including 39 years of research, with 100+ published articles in areas of real estate market cycle analysis, real estate securities analysis (REITs), public and private market investment strategies real estate capital markets, portfolio, investment and diversification analysis.
Dr. Mueller received the David Ricardo Medal for thought leadership in Real Estate Cycles by The American Real Estate Society in 2019, Richard Radcliff Award for Groundbreaking Research in Real Estate Market Cycles by The American Real Estate Society in 2010, the Graaskamp Award for Research Leadership from the American Real Estate Society in 2004 and the Graaskamp Award for Research Excellence from the Pension Real Estate Association in 2001. He was the Co-Editor of the Journal of Real Estate Portfolio Management 2000-2014. Prior to DU and FORE Institute, Mueller was a professor at Johns Hopkins University and Colorado State University.
He has held top research positions at Black Creek Group, Legg Mason, Price Waterhouse, ABKB/LaSalle Investment Management. He was also a developer/builder in New England. Mueller holds a Prudential Real Estate Investors. He was also a developer/builder in New England. Mueller holds a B.S.B.A. from the University of Denver, an MBA from Babson College, and a Ph.D. in Real Estate from Georgia State University. in Real Estate from Georgia State University. in Real Estate from Georgia State University. in Real Estate from Georgia State University. in Real Estate from Georgia State University.
Research Consultant – ARES Capital Management Group – a public real estate fund advisor 7/2021 – present Visiting Professor – Harvard University – summer executive education semesters, 2002 to present
Advisory Board Member – Arden Real Estate Group – Institutional Opportunistic Real Estate Fund, 2014 to present
Chairman – Board of Directors – European Investors Inc. – Global, International & US REIT Funds, 2014 to 2017
Black Creek Group – Non-Traded and Public REIT groups 2015 to 6/2021
Educated REIT Investing: The Ultimate Guide to Understanding and Investing in Real Estate Investment Trusts: Krewson-Kelly, Stephanie and Mueller, Glenn R., PhD. John Wiley & Sons, 2021.
- PhD, Real Estate and Finance, Georgia State University, 1990
- MBA, Babson College, 1975
- BSBA, Finance, University of Denver, 1974
Awards & Honors
- Awarded Richard Ratcliff Award by the American Real Estate Society (ARES) based on his groundbreaking research on real estate market cycles, 2010
- Awarded the Red Pen Award for editorial work on the Journal of Real Estate Portfolio Management
- Ernst & Young Visiting Professor at the European Business School
- Visiting Professor at Harvard University 2002 to Current
- Graaskamp Award for Research Leadership from the American Real Estate Society in 2004
- Graaskamp Award for Research Excellence from the Pension Real Estate Association in 2001
- 15 Schools Competing In University Real Estate Portfolio Challenge
- Housing Options May Curb Rent Growth
- REIT performance will rise with economy, professor says
- Their Eye on the Cycle, Shareholders Continue to Push REITs
- Investment Strategist Highlights Fundamentals Driving REIT Share Gains
- Real estate investment trusts had both a good and bad year
- 10 Business-Building Tips From CCIM Live!
- Commercial real estate a bargain in Las Vegas, but what about income potential?
- Deals reflect times [The Register-Guard, Eugene, Ore.