JEFF ENGELSTAD, PhD
Jeff Engelstad is a clinical professor at the Burns School of Real Estate and Construction Management at the Daniels College of Business and has been active in commercial and investment real estate since 1980. In his capacity as professor, he has published articles in the area of real estate finance and investment and feasibility analysis.
Engelstad has served as a director of the Colorado Association of Realtors®, and remains active in real estate investment, consulting and expert witness testimony. Professional awards include the 2001 Realtor of the Year, Aurora Association of Realtors; 1999 Paul Harris Fellow, Rotary International; and the 1996 Presidents Distinguished Service Award, Aurora Association of Realtors. Through the University of Denver, he has led numerous Global Real Estate Delegations in many parts of the world.
He is a board member of the Colorado/Wyoming CCIM chapter and NAIOP Colorado. He is a member of the Urban Land Institute, the American Planning Association, and the Denver Metro Commercial Association of Realtors®. When working with the media, Engelstad can address issues from both a real estate and practical perspective. He can discuss the implications of the global recession on real estate stability and its impact on consumer and commercial real estate as well as mixed-use development and location analysis
- PhD, Urban Geography, University of Denver
- MRECM, Real Estate and Construction Management, University of Denver
- BSBA, Real Estate and Finance, University of Denver
Academic Positions Held
- Clinical Professor, Burns School of Real Estate and Construction Management, Daniels College of Business, University of Denver
- Assistant Professor, Burns School of Real Estate and Construction Management, Daniels College of Business, University of Denver
- Lecturer, Burns School of Real Estate and Construction Management, Daniels College of Business, University of Denver
- Instructor and Graduate Teaching Assistant, Burns School of Real Estate and Construction Management, Daniels College of Business, University of Denver
Commercial Micro-Computer Applications for Real Estate Analysis, Real Estate Concepts, Income Property Investment, Advanced Real Estate Feasibility Analysis, Intro to Real Estate, Real Estate Finance and Investment (Women’s College), Topics in Real Estate: Real Estate Appraisal (Women’s College), Commercial Real Estate Practice and Feasibility Analysis, Real Estate Investments Seminar, Denver Up Close and Personal (1st year mentoring seminar), Executive Master’s Income Property Finance, the Dynamic Nature of Business
Hobbies & Interests